This summer I really have done an analysis of whom my true friends are and aren’t. This may have been one of the most insightful things I’ve done in a while. There has been a significant amount of effort I have been putting into friendships that meant nothing. This has been one of the hardest things for me to do because I truly love all my friends and I care so much about them, I know more than I should at times. When you are at the lowest point of your life you begin to realize whose there for you and who isn’t, with that being said. I want to say goodbye to all the friends that I thought were good friends. GOODBYE. I need to finally cut the ties with people who add nothing to my quality of life. It gets exhausting to always be thinking of thoughtful gifts or surprises to send friends to get not even a thank you in return. I don’t need people in my life who aren’t going to be there for me when the going gets tough. For all my friends that have been with me through thick and thin I want to thank you. I want to sincerely thank you for always:
- Always being there no matter how difficult I can be to deal with
- Always making me realize how much life there is still to live
- Always answering the late night phone calls and texts when I can’t sleep at night
- Always offering your shoulder that has bared one to many tears
- Always letting me be broken- but still lift me up when I need it most
- Always doing thoughtful gestures (they don’t go unnoticed)
- Always helping me face my problems with you by my side
- Always taking time out of your busy lives to always be there for me
- Always being my lights to guide my path when I feel lost
- Finally, always believing in me
A simple thank you doesn’t even do it justice how truly thankful I am for having the people who are in my life by my side. I know it may not seem like it at times but I value our friendships more than you could even imagine and I would be lost without each and every one of them. Thanks for always being the best of the best even when the going gets tough. Love you all. As for those who aren’t- goodbye. I am no longer going to work for something that has nothing in return, a one side friendship is a no sided friendship to me.
Life is too short to have shitty friends.